Unspoken Truth

My feelings for you are dying.
They have been poisoned, they will die a rotten death
A slow, unclean death.
I know this because they bloom now
I feel them at their peak
Life always starts to dwindle at its peak.

When I think of you, when I close my eyes and breathe you in,
Warmth spreads across my chest
I catch myself smile, I fell my cheeks heat up
Then I remember to poison them once more
It is my own little timer
The more you come up, the more I kill them
Better to kill them now before they kill me first
I know they wouldn’t spare me
I know they’d swallow me whole
Nights would be spent thinking of your voice
They would devour me
Days would be spent dreaming of you
They’d rip me apart
I would love you
Total annihilation
Better to kill them before they kill me.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHTS: HELLO? BIGGER ISSUES OVER HERE.

Nigeria’s inability to just let herself heal

LIVING